
Since I have not been up-to-date with my blogging, I figure the best thing for me to do is tell you all about our bigger events. These would be the recent holidays!
Easter was a great time for us. We were lucky to have Stasia in town and we were able to spend time with my cousins. We spent some time at Stasia's family home and were able to do something that we have never done before: blow eggs! It was totally "Martha Stewart" and I loved it! Landon obviously did not partake in any of the actual blowing or dying, but he loved seeing all of the bright colors and, since we are talking about Stasia, glitter! We went to church in the morning and then helped Landon with his Easter basket. He received bath decor and toys, a prayer book, and a book called My Heart is like a Zoo. I saw this book at Notre Dame story time and was determined to find it for Landon. Well, after quite an adventure, I was able to get my hands on one and I highly recommend this book to anyone who is into creative children's books. With Stasia's and my families eating at different times on Easter, we took advantage of all of the good food and both ate at each others dinners! Yes, that does mean that we both consumed 2 multi-course meals plus deserts! It was SO worth it! Landon just loved all of the familiar faces and smiles!
MY FIRST MOTHERS DAY WAS AMAZING!Words cannot describe how it feels to be a mother. Every day is a joy. A joy that I had never experienced before Landon. On Mother's Day it was all confirmed, that for the rest of my life, I get to celebrate this holiday because my sweet little Landon came into my life! I am so blessed to have him and thankful for him. My family and friends were amazing to me this day! I got so many loving text messages, phone calls, and e-mails wishing me a happy Mother's day! Thank you to everyone for taking the time out of your day to do that! I LOVE YOU ALL! My family was so amazing to me as well! It was somewhat funny how my mom and I handled the day. It was a constant battle to try to get the other person to relax and let the other take care of them. I wanted to celebrate my mother and she wanted to celebrate my motherhood! My father, sister and brother did an excellent job celebrating both of us though! Thank goodness for them! We had an amazing breakfast, lunch and dinner- my kind of day! I got a beautiful arrangement of flowers from Landon courtesy of my Dad. People I love, great food, tons of smiles and the baby who completes me! Less than a year until I get to celebrate my 2nd year of motherhood! Cheers to many more!
Those were the big events that you missed. I will do a much better job of keeping up.

No comments:
Post a Comment