As far as the new things that Landon does goes... where do I begin?! He started eating baby food at 6 months. He loves sweet potatoes, pears, applesauce, carrots, green beans, bananas... basically everything! And if you know me, everything is organic! It is the only way to go! If you are starting to think about solid foods for your baby or even what you feed you young children, think about doing some research about the benefits of feeding them organic. I feel strongly that it is one of the best and most simple gifts that you can give your child. I started eating organic in college when I was able to do my own grocery shopping. When I became pregnant I became even more strict on what when into my body. There are so many good resources out there for you, you just have to look! Anyways, let me get back on track! Landon is also doing an amazing job with finger food! He eats everything from avocado to little puff cereal. Some things like mango and banana are too slippery to pick up with his little fingers, but he sure does try hard! I love the look on his face when he is thinking, learning and trying a new task. It amazes me how quickly babies learn without any verbal instruction.
As far as babbling goes, he is quite the loud mouth. I love this stage of his development! I studied Speech Language and Hearing Sciences at Purdue, seeing everything that I learned in the classroom unfold in front of me is amazing! Landon's first sound was "mama"! Typically babies start producing other sounds first, but not my love! Although this was his first sound, I am not sure that it was produced in direct association with me, but sometimes I let myself think that! He now also says things like "baba" and "gaga" and something that sounds like "brabra". He is a little chatterbox, just like his mommy! I am proud that he seems as if he will grow up to be the type of child to voice what he is thinking and feeling!
His gross motor skills are developing in front of our eyes. He went from rolling over to sitting up as straight and strong as could be to getting on his hands and knees and rocking back and forth. I believe we will seeing him crawling in a matter of days! He works so hard at trying to get to where he wants!
He is still as bald as could be and still have no teeth! Maybe soon we will see some hair and teeth! Well, if he has my genes (which the blonde hair indicates that he does) he may be bald until he is two like I was!

No comments:
Post a Comment